Friday 26 April 2013

Friday Find

No 7 - vintage metal cabinets

These little beauties are my pride and joy.



I bought my first one for £2 from a junk shop in Cardiff when I was at college, and it was love at first sight. Subsequent additions to the collection came in at £4 and £4.50 from long gone junk shops in Sheffield.

I love the fact that each one has a different mirror shape and distinctive handle.



I confess there are also another two lurking elsewhere in the house, and I would almost certainly have collected more but they've got very popular and I can't afford to buy them now!



They hide all our bathroom clutter and always lift my spirits just by being there with their slightly rusty and battered exteriors.


Below them, on the loo, you'll find a warped tin portrait of this chap. A fine complement for their rusty bits and speckled mirrors.

K x


No comments:

Post a Comment